Minority co-productions NFF + HBF
The Netherlands Film Fund & Hubert Bals Fund Co-production Scheme.
Minority co-productions in the feature film category that have received a contribution for script development from the Hubert Bals Fund (HBF) are eligible for a realisation contribution.
Apart from the quality of the content of the script, the artistic value, original character and urgency of the project, we will look at the creative and technical spending in the Netherlands.
Applications for production support can be submitted on application dates by a production company (a legal entity, not a one-man business or general partnership) that has been based based in the Kingdom of the Netherlands, a member state of the EU or the EEA or Switzerland for at least two years and that produces and exploits films and other audiovisual productions on a continuous basis.
The production company will be represented by the Dutch minority co-producer (click here). He/she will have had prime responsibility as a majority producer for the realisation of a minimum of one feature film with a cinema release in the Netherlands.
- Up to € 75,000
A maximum of four minority co-productions are eligible for a realisation contribution each year.
- Minority co-productions NFF + HBF
- The project must previously have received support from HBF Development.
- The total production budget does not exceed €1,000,000.
- The overhead and producer’s fee together do not exceed 10% of the fund contribution.
- 50% of the amount granted must be spent in the Netherlands (crew, cast, etc).
- The production must be released in the Netherlands, either in film theatres or with a non-theatrical release or both.
- The financing of a film production must be shown to be fully and unconditionally promised by third parties within 15 months of the decision to award a grant. This period can be extended to a limited degree but only if there is a prospect of full financing in the short term.
Click for the NFF+HBF Guide, which includes information on all eligible projects.
Applications for production support can be submitted on application dates by the Dutch producer (click here).