The Netherlands Film Fund (hereinafter “the Fund”) processes personal data in connection with the handling of grant applications and the achievement of its objective in general.
The natural persons whose personal data is processed by the Fund (hereinafter “data subjects”) must be able to rely on the Fund handling this data carefully. The Fund complies with national and European privacy legislation and regulations within the following legal framework:
- the General Data Protection Regulation (this regulation replaced the Personal Data Protection Act as from 25 May 2018);
- the General Data Protection Regulation (Implementation) Act.
In this privacy statement it sets out how it implements them.
The Fund handles personal data safely and respects the privacy of data subjects. It complies with the following underlying principles in this regard:
- Personal data is processed properly and carefully in accordance with the Regulation.
- The Fund ensures that personal data is only collected and processed for specified, explicitly defined and justified purposes and principles.
- The Fund only processes the minimum personal data necessary for the predetermined purpose. It aims for minimal data processing. Less or no personal data is processed where possible.
- Personal data is not retained any longer than necessary. The retention of personal data may be necessary to perform the tasks of the Fund properly or to comply with legal obligations.
- The Fund handles personal data carefully and treats it confidentially. Personal data is only processed for the purpose for which it has been collected. In so doing the Fund provides for suitable security of personal data.
- Where there is collaboration with external parties in which personal data is processed, the Fund makes agreements about the requirements with which data exchange must comply. The Fund reviews these agreements periodically.
- In achieving the purpose for which the personal data is processed the intrusion on the data subject’s private life is limited as far as possible.
- The intrusion on the data subject’s interests may not be disproportionate in relation to the purpose to be served by the processing.
- The Fund guarantees the rights of data subjects, such as the right of inspection and correction, through procedures that are clear to the data subjects.
What personal data do we process?
Name and address details: We like to know your first name and last name so we can address you personally when we have contact with you. We also need these details to distinguish applicants from one another. This is why we also need your date of birth and initials.
Email address: We use your email address to send you information about your application. If you have entered it, we use the email address to send you newsletters to keep you up to date. If you prefer not to receive any newsletters, please click here.
Telephone number: If we have any questions about your application, we would like to be able to talk to you on the phone.
Citizen service number and IBAN: We may need this data where appropriate for the payment of grants or in connection with tax legislation and regulations.
Website behaviour: To give you the best user experience and to keep you well informed, we would like to know how you use the website. To do this we use a Google Analytics cookie, a small file that is stored on your computer. Since your IP address and surfing behaviour remain entirely anonymous, the General Data Protection Regulation states that it may be placed on your computer without consent. If you prefer to block the Analytics script entirely, you can download an opt-out plugin for Google Analytics to do so.
Information for an application: In Frame you will, in addition to your personal data (under “Inbox – Task List – Contact Details”), also find the option to start an application. All the information you send us on the digital application form is stored in our secure database. The same applies to stored, submitted and concluded applications.
Status of the application: For proper completion of the application we update its status. We update awards or rejections in connection with policy information. Awards are also announced on our website.
Register of processing activities
The Fund keeps a register showing all the processes in which the Fund works with personal data. The register contains a statement of the purpose for which the data is collected, what data is concerned, with whom it may be shared and how long it is retained. The register may be inspected at the Fund by appointment and within the relevant frameworks.
Inspection and correction
You can submit a written request for inspection and/or correction to the Fund here. To prevent third parties from seeing data about you, you must enclose a copy of a valid identity document or, in the case of companies, a copy of a valid identity document of the organisation’s main contact (the citizen service number can be made invisible) with your application.
Oversight of the processing of personal data by the Fund
The Fund has appointed Adri van der Peet as Data Protection Officer (DPO). The DPO oversees the way in which the Fund handles your personal data. You can ask your questions about the processing of personal data using the email address [email protected] or by telephone on number 0031(0)653268298.