Holland in Focus at Reykjavik
During the Dutch Day at RIFF Industry Days on 7 October the Netherlands film industry will be put in the spotlight. A delegation of Dutch film professionals will travel to Reykjavik, including filmmakers, producers, SEE NL (Eye Filmmuseum and Netherlands Film Fund) and International Film Festival Rotterdam/CineMart.
The following feature films and feature documentaries are selected for the Dutch Focus programme:
- Dead & Beautiful** by David Verbeek and Lemming Film
- Do Not Hesitate** by Shariff Korver and Lemming Film
- Drama Girl* by Vincent Boy Kars and Halal
- Farewell Paradise** by Sonja Wyss and Halal
- Feast* by Tim Leyendekker and seriousFilm
- Magic Mountains by Urszula Antoniak and Family Affair Films
- Benedetta* by Paul Verhoeven and Topkapi Films (Co-producer)
Two Dutch short film programmes are presented, which include:
- Arnold Schwarzenegger: the Art of Bodybuilding by Babeth M. VanLoo and Film Art
- Baba* by Sarah Blok, Lisa Konno and Boondocs
- Easter Eggs* by Nicolas Keppens and Ka-Ching Cartoons (Co-producer)
- En Route* by Marit Weerheijm and Room for Film
- Eyes on the Road* by Stefanie Kolk and New Amsterdam Film Company
- Improvised Objects by Katja Verheul
- Lost on Arrival* by PolakVanBekkum
- Marlon Brando* by Vincent Tilanus and Room for Film
- No One Cried by Daniel Jacoby
- The Sasha by María Molina Peiró
- The Walking Fish* by Thessa Meijer and Halal
- When You Hear The Divine Call* by Festus Toll and Boondocs
Furthermore the short film PinPin by Dutch-Argentinian filmmaker Jaime Levinas and after a room by Dutch-Swiss filmmaker Naomi Pacifique are part of the international shorts programme, the short documentary #lockdocs by Sanne Rovers is part of the Short Film program 9+ and RIFF is showing a One Minute programme in collaboration with the The One Minute Foundation around the city.
During the panel on the Dutch Day at RIFF Industry Days (7 October) the Dutch delegation will talk about the current status of the Netherlands film industry, funding, co-productions and festivals. The panel is moderated by Wendy Mitchell, and is recorded and live-streamed via The Nordic House website and RIFF on Facebook.
Additionally, during RIFF’s Works in Progress there will be a special preview of Ricky Rijneke’s The Hunter's Son**, which is a co-production between the Netherlands and Iceland.
Holland in Focus is organized by RIFF in co-operation with SEE NL.
For more information about the Reykjavik International Film Festival, click here.
*Film is supported by the Netherlands Film Fund
**Film is supported by the Netherlands Film Production Incentive and Film Fund
Source: SEE NL
Image: Dead & Beautiful by David Verbeek (Lemming Film)
The Hunter's Son by Ricky Rijneke (Rotterdam Films)